Earls Colne Parish Council has 11 councillors, whose main purpose is to represent the views of the residents of the Parish.
We hold monthly meetings where the members of the public are welcome to attend to raise issues and concerns and participate in Council decision making.
In particular we, on behalf of the residents
- Raise issues of public concern with other authorities such as Braintree District Council, Essex County Council and the Police and comment on planning applications and other proposals for the village.
- We maintain public areas and facilities, including the Village Green, the Shrubbery, Pound Green and the play area at the Recreation Club.
- The car park and public toilet facilities are managed by the Council
- The Council also maintains certain services on behalf of other authorities, such as the District Council
- We undertake litter picking and similar activities to preserve the village environment for the benefit of all residents and visitors.
We also own, manage and operate the Village Hall.
Each councillor also takes responsibility for an aspect of the Councils activities. These are
grouped as below
- Communications and Asset Management
- The Village Hall
- Village Environment
- Neighbourhood Plan and Planning Applications
- Liaison with other bodies, such as the Church and Millennium Green Trust
Information regarding which councillor has responsibility for these can be found in the 'Parish Councillor' section of this site.